Panasonic FP-X PLC
Product Code : FP-X
Brand Name : Panasonic
The new FP-X PLC series succeeded the popular FP1. With smaller dimensions, increased memory capacity, higher processing speed and optimized motion control signals, the FP-X is well suited for a wide variety of applications.
The CPUs are available with 14, 30, 38 and 60 I/Os and up to 32k steps program memory. Numerous add-on cassettes, e.g. communication cassettes for RS232, RS422, RS485 and Ethernet communication and function cassettes for analog I/Os, thermocouple, RTD, pulse I/O etc., make the FP-X even more flexible, enabling users to configure the controller to suit their application needs. No additional space is required for these cassettes: you just plug them onto the CPU. When even more functionality or I/Os are required, FP-X and FP0R expansion units can be connected.
- Max. 382 I/Os
- Max. 28 analog inputs / 16 analog outputs
- 3-RS232C or 2-RS232 + 1- RS485 Interfaces
- C30 and C60 also USB Programming Port
- Program Memory: 16000 to 32000 steps
- Data Memory: 32765 words
- PROFIBUS, Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus
- Motion control functions
- ADD ON CESSETTES
Short overview of major functions:
- Ultra high-speed processing
High-speed scan of 0.32µs for a basic instruction (1.9ms scan time for 5 ksteps)
- Large programme capacity
Programme capacity of 32k steps with a sufficient comment area
- Great expandability with a wide variety of options
Max. I/O expansion of 300 channels and further expansion with function expansion cassettes and expansion units
- High security
Program protection with an 8-digit password and a function which prohibits uploads.
- Up to 3 serial communication ports can be used simultaneously.
The use of a communication cassette provides up to 3 serial communication ports.
- USB port
Easy direct connection with a PC via a commercial USB cable (AB type)
- Master memory function cassette makes program transfer easy while
providing a real-time clock
- Programme update in a remote location is easy
- Periodical control and data logging possible
- Simultaneous 2-axis linear interpolation is possible in two pairs
- Multi-point PID control
Sophisticated algorithm and floating-point operations enable high-accuracy PID control
- Compatible with all FP Series PLCs from Panasonic
The FP-X can be programmed using FPWIN Pro programming software in compliance with the international standard IEC 61131-3.